Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed (PhD) reshuffles officials
Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed (PhD), Commander-in-chief of the Ethiopian National Defense Forces, reshuffles governmental appointees.
The PM relieved General Adem Mohammad, Chief of staff of the defense forces, Demelash Gebremichael, Director General of the National Information Security Services, and Endashaw Tasew, Commissioner General of the Federal Police, off their duties and appointed new officials in their positions.
The PM's appointments would be in force since November 4, 2020. The appointments he made are:
- Demeke Mekonnen: Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of foreign affairs.
- General Birhanu Jula: Chief of Staff of the defense forces
- L/General Abebaw Tadesse: Deputy Chief of Staff of the Defense Forces
- Temesgen Tiruneh : Director General of the National Information Security Services
- Demelash Gebremichael: Federal Police Commisioner.